- April 3, 2021 at 9:38 am #49423rlochan2021Keymaster
Python Packages mostly used in SAS to Python Migration:-
• Pandas – Provides high performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools, including easy
methods of importing and exporting data files.
• datetime – This is a module contained in the standard Python library, with several useful functions for working with date and time data.
NumPy – ‘Numerical Python’ this is the core library for scientific computing. It contains a powerful n-dimensional array object. It also has uses in linear algebra and random number operations. I see some use for this in the simulation / random generation of data. However, the mathematical operations that it provides, are not so useful
with the datasets we work with. Especially when compared to the functionality pandas offers.
• MatPlotLib – 2D plotting library, which can produce publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats
and interactive environments across platforms.
• Scikit-Learn – Useful module for getting started with machine learning in Python. Contains simple and efficient
tools for data mining and data analysis. For further documentation see
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.